Forest of Dean Dementia Action Alliance
The overarching aim of the FODDAA is to make sure that everyone in the district living with dementia is respected and enabled to continue to enjoy living in their home in their community as well as possible for as long as possible.
We are living in difficult times, people are isolated from their families and friends. This is difficult for all of us. For the elderly, and specifically someone living with dementia and carers, the impact of this can escalate a deterioration in someone. Doing things, keeping active, being able to get outside in a safe way can have a huge impact on someone’s pathway. The Forest of Dean Dementia Action Alliance Steering Group are pleased to support this project as it is a fun way to help to make a difference ; helping to get people outside, raising money, awareness and connections.
We are an informal partnership initiative of organisations and individuals from across the public, private and community sectors of the Forest of Dean District.
Our Alliance is facilitated by the Dementia Friendly Community Enabler Team which is based ithin the Forest of Dean District Council at Coleford, but the team are spread across the District and we cover every area.
Aims and Objectives
- Improving access into buildings/community spaces (such as village halls and shops).
- Improving the wider communities understanding of dementia by giving information, education and support.
- Enabling people living with dementia, their carer’s, family members and friends, to have a voice.
- Creating networks which support both members of the Forest of Dean District Dementia Alliance and the wider community.
- Developing supportive resources – ie Let’s Talk Dementia Board Game, Chance to Chat postcards, Pet Owners Living with Dementia Leaflets and now the Our Favourite Places Big Photo Album ©
If you have already subscribed and uploaded your Favourite Place details, we would
like to thank you, if not, and you can see the merits of this Project we really hope you
will participate and also spread the word.
Thank you for taking time to view Our Favourite Places Big Photo Album©
I’m in the Big Photo Album, are you?
Help build the Our Favourite Places Big Photo Album© and support The Forest of Dean Dementia Action Alliance
If you have reached this site by accident or out of interest but may not require the option of a
Favourite Place photograph, you can still support the project using the ‘DONATE’ button below.
All contributions are very much appreciated and go directly to the Forest of Dean Dementia
Your donation will go to the Forest of Dean Dementia Action Alliance, only a small transaction fee will be taken.
Click here for Terms and Conditions